Do you have rooms in your home that feel tired and you’d love to make them feel new and wonderful, but lack of money is blocking your progress? I can help!
I’m about to let you in on a secret that lets you beautify your home regardless of your budget: redesign. Redesign is a term with various definitions that include repurposing, reusing, reimagining, and yes, even relocating. Redesign is the focus of my business and a passion in my life, so I’d like to share a few simple ways you can bring powerful change to your home for free by applying the fundamentals of redesign:
- Rearrange Furniture:
You can do one room or, if you're feeling ambitious, shake things up in multiple rooms!
- Shift Items Around:
Move photos, art, accessories, furnishings, rugs, etc. to different locations in your house.
- Re-introduce Items From Storage:
Revisiting previously purchased decor items can lend a whole new feel to your space.
- Adjust Your Color Palette:
Use paint you already have on hand from another project to paint an accent wall!
- Trade Items With Friends or Family:
Chat with friends and swap old decor for something new.
When you're ready to incorporate these redesign home improvement tips into your space:
- Walk through your home investigating your options (let your imagination run wild!).
- Measure your furniture and brainstorm ideas on how to incorporate it into other rooms.
- Revisit all the items you have in storage.
- Check your paint to see which color might bring new life to your lamp, vase or accent wall.
- Make a list of what might look good elsewhere or which items are candidates to sell or trade.
Here's an example of a redesigned space. Looking at the items above, I think you’ll agree they’re simple, but powerful.
If you lack confidence, ask friends or family to help. You’ll be surprised at how you can revive your home using only your mind and not your money. You’ve go nothing to lose, so tap your creativity and get busy!
Now, what will you do next to love where you live?